Sunday, December 16, 2012

Waiting for Naruto

So the other day, my mother ordered me a game that I wanted for a while. It's called Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3. It's suppose to be like the other two, but with new costumes for the characters, new jutsus (I'll explain later), ad a new story mode. I am aware of the many bad reviews of this game, but I'm not that serious of a gamer to care about why it is worse than the other Clash of Ninjas. I want this game for a number of reasons:



1) I have a history with this game. It reminds me of the days when I lived on St. Croix. The children there had a Playstation 2 and what I believed to be this Naruto game (if it wasn't the same game, then this one is at least similar). I had a lot of fun playing it with them, so I figured I would buy it for old time's sake.

2) Naruto is way more than a cartoon. The characters on this game and on the show use spiritual energy to conduct Jutsus (Japanese for techniques), which are basically something like mudras, but they would energize their chakra and do a series of them quickly, say something in Japanese, and that summons a supernatural ability. For example: Naruto's has the shadow clone jutsu, which confuses his opponent due to the various Naruto's in one setting (one of them is the real Naruto, but it'll take a while to find him).

I remember the first episode I watched where they were summoning chakra energy to walk up tree trunks. When I saw that, I knew this show was special. They also know how to block each other's chi, and other awesome things of that nature.

3) The show is very coincidental to Avatar: The Last Airbender... but different. Avatar only lasted for 3 seasons (not to mention The Legend of Korra), while Naruto has thousands of episodes, and two different versions (one when he was young, and another when he grows up). I also feel that since the show is Japanese, it has more details to the spirituality than The Last Airbender, which is American with some Asian references. I have watched the Avatar series ever since it came out, ad was disappointed to see it end so soon. With Naruto, it will take forever to watch the entire series. So they are almost as similar as they are different.

Now I should let you know, I haven't really been watching the show, nor do I know too much about it. However from what I do know, I am very excited to have this game. Especially with the wi-fi feature that allows me to play against anyone via internet. As if it wasn't excited enough.



My mother ordered it from Ebay for me the 10th, and it came on the 14th. I was so excited to open it that I showed no mercy to the packaging. This is what I found when I unwrapped it:

It's a game about a world that people go to in their dreams, from what I know so far.

I couldn't believe my eyes. It was one of the most random things ever to happen to me. I didn't complain, but how do you get a game that, not only was not the game you requested, but is way to strange to put into words? I can't eve figure out the gender of this creature on the cover.

The person who sent it apologized for the mix-up, gave us a refund, and said that he'll send out the Naruto game as soon as possible. I can honestly say that I wasn't too upset; the only thing was that I was really looking forward to the game. Anyways, now I have this dreamland game, Naruto's o its way, and technically I didn't have to pay for any of it. It funny how nice people are in life. :-)

So the countdown to Naruto begins. I will do a review on the game, and maybe a review on dreamland as well... as soon as I figure out how to play it.

1 comment:

  1. I played a naruto game for my psp that was totally kick ass but never tried it on the wii.

    ReplyDelete