Monday, March 3, 2014

The Person You Know is a Reflection of You

Over the past couple of months I spent so far into the new year, I got to know a lot of people in my life just a little better. At one point, I wondered to myself why I had to meet them in the time span and fashion that I did. Then one night, after fixing myself a cup of Yogi tea, I read the little paper on the end of the tea bag that said, "that person is a reflection of you." That's when it all made sense.


The epiphany my tea provided me gave me much joy, until I realized how the various people around me make me feel. A lot of them manage to enlighten me intellectually or even with laughter, while others I can't even find the words to speak to them in conversation. A lot of individuals I don't even bother to socialize with because I feel that they are not capable of benefiting my life in any way, and vice versa. However, that just so happens to be the best part.

The way that person (reflecting you) makes you feel is the equivalent of how you feel or felt about yourself at some point. This revelation will often lead to you evolving who you are for better or for worse; depending on how you interpret. For example: there could be a person who is competitive by nature and will do and say anything to make it seem that they're the best at everything he or she touches. This makes that person a tad bit arrogant, and the praise that he or she gets from adults doesn't help. Meanwhile most of his peers are willing to confront their jerk-like behavior at the right moment, if provided. You may actually WANT to be the best at everything, making that individual the one to sharpen your iron while clashing swords with them on the quest to conquer. Then there's the cockiness that you don't want, or recall of being known for, so you attempt to butt heads without necessarily hurting anyone. (^_^)

Another example: there's a person who is reasonably popular without even trying to be. There's simply just something about him or her that everyone likes. They can be really nice, but of course, does not like being taken advantage of. I'm sure a lot of people are like this.

Personally, I'm not fond of being a part of the pop demographic, so I naturally am finicky about things that everyone is into (I refuse to even look at an image of flappy birds). I found a way to be known for being out of the ordinary, yet in a like-able way. Furthermore, with people taking me for granted, I have determined that the best way to handle it is stillness. Anger can really build up in an unhealthy way, so by letting the conflict resolve itself, the catalyst of the scenario is the only one being affected. 

What I noticed is that the way I go about myself publicly was not necessarily like the individual, but the affect was built more toward my preference of friendships. They seem to be the type of person I would be if not exposed to esoteric lessons of my past. Hence being everything I cannot be, but am proud of not being. 

If there is an individual in your life, they are there for a specific reason... period. They could have came sooner or later, if at all. There are things that they will go through that may change the entirety of who they are, so be glad to have met them at the time you have. Especially since the future will change YOU as well and you will meet a plethora of others to teach you more about yourself in that time. Always take the time out to look around. Nothing is an accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment