Sunday, July 12, 2015

Mind Blowing Music (2): Awesomeness

I have found some great music since my last playlist. And I mean music that shined a new light on how life can be seen. For starters, I had a chain reaction of musical unveiling that lead me to the Chilłwave Radio on Pandora. As of today, that is the estate on I listen to every morning to get ready for the day. It sounds like indie rock and trap music had a beautiful baby. It's great to skateboard to as well.

A few of these songs will be from that station, but a lot of it is from songs I've overheard and just had to look up or download so that I can listen to its greatness again. 


* The Weeknd - The Hilłs


I'm starting off with this one because it was recently released. This song has a lot of pain behind it (like a lot of The Weeknd's songs). But one of my favorite parts is when he says, "The hills have eyes. Who are you to judge?" It provides a feeling of existentialism. Like there's so much out there that is worth spending your time admiring and understanding that little things or people are almost irrelevant. Or at the very least, people should be able to focus on the philosophy of their lives when reality has been established/lost.

* Midlake - Young Bride


This song has beautiful instrumentals involved in it. The violins are just moving within themselves. But once the music started to build in the song, I began to skip down the street. Seriously. Or at least it was something like skipping. Bottom line: I felt it in my soul.

* Tyler The Creator - Find Your Wings


I heard this song on the week of my birthday, and I am entirely pleased with it. It sounds like an encouraging hum from the heavens, or maybe even a society of rainbow nomads. The basis of it is the concern of a person wasting their true potential on the simple ways of getting by in life. Tyler doesn’t do any rapping in this song. It’s mainly just jazz-like music. In fact, it’s probably the calmest song Tyler has ever put out there for 

*Marian Hill - Got It


The main thing about this song is that I heard it in a movie trailer and was searching for it ever since. I kept getting it mixed up with that Sage The Gemini song with the trumpets in it. Then one morning while I was listening to chill wave radio on Pandora (and the wonderful creation it is), there it was playing right before my ears. Marian Hilł makes a lot of good songs. Here's my example.

*Tame Impala - Feels Like We Only Go Backwards

  

This song right here is awesomely melodious. Everything that Tame Impala makes is fun to sing to or dance to, but this is more of a swaying song. I would actually recommend another song by them called “mind mischief”, but I think I like this one better for sharing because it is the most stuck in my head right now. ...so there.

*Childish Gambino - 3005 Beach Picnic Version (Hidden Track)



You already know how much I love Childish Gambino. If you have not been informed of my musical taste until this post, I must tell you that childish Gambino is my favorite rapper. 3005 was a good song within itself. Then the instrumental like beach picnic version on the Kauai EP was fun to listen to. But when I heard this hidden track, I began to feel like the world can be an even better place than it already is. I'm not even exaggerating. I would've cried if I felt like it. It's a beautiful mixture of vocals and bars, and makes me smile every time I listen to it.

*Twenty One Pilots -  Guns For Hands


A really good friend of mine suggested that I listen to Twenty One Pilots a while ago. The first song I heard was “Car Radio”. It was definitely unlike anything I’ve ever listened to… and I liked that. So then I listened to “Stressed Out”, and I liked that too. But this one was my favorite because of the message it has behind it. I believe Tyler (the singer guy man) is encouraging listeners not to use their energy in a destructive manner and find a way to turn it into something better. 

*Raury - Seven Suns


Raury's entire mixtape is highly recommended, but this is his most recent music video. This song has so much meaning to it. It inspires people to be different, and also helps those who follow their own path see that they're not alone. 

*Willow Smith - Female Energy


Willow is making a musical comeback, and it appears to be immensely inspired by Erykah Badu's work. That is a really great thing because it shows that there can be enlightened musical influence in this day and age. This song in particular is my favorite among her collection of esoteric music. It seems like an interpretation of the inevitability of certain factors in life that cannot be controlled. She also uses some terms hat I had to look up, and it's always fun to learn new things.

*Jaden Smith - Beast Mode


I like the length of this song because I could not imagine him separating each of these features before distribution. Jaden takes an alternative approach to music, while providing his insight on his generation and what is to be inspired during the stages of cultural influence amongst a people (or something to that effect). He balances out mood and tempo by going from a rant to a calm tone at some point. All in all, it's a pretty good collaboration of musical artists.

*ODESZA - Bloom


To finish the list off, I want to share the song that introduced me to a whole new world. I was watching a video on Ambers Closet, and they were in a car listening to a playlist I guess, and this song played. I liked it quite a bit, so I searched for it. Luckily, hey out the music they used in the description, so I just had to look up which one was the one I was looking for. I liked the song so much that I made an ODESZA Radio on Pandora. Then they were all like "you may also like chillwave radio." Thus a new age in my musical interest was born. It's fun to dance to, and still as soothing as riding a skateboard on the smoothest road. Just like all of their songs. Two thumbs up.


1 comment: